Every year it becomes clearer that nothing that new ever happens, we just forget how the old stuff felt and so when it happens again it feels new.
- Quit a job where I was treated like shit. Got a new job that sucked less.
- Got into grad school. Went to grad school. Incredibly happy I went to grad school.
- Felt a lot of things, like a lot of hope and a lot more hurt. Or: ugh, boys.
- Feel simultaneously smarter and dumber with each passing day. Some people call that adulthood, but I don’t believe them.
- Gained ten pounds. Lost ten pounds.
- Moved halfway across the country, again, and started over, again, and I am all the better for it, again.
- Put everything I’ve got into being a better student, a better thinker, a better writer.
- Don’t just do things that scare me, do things that terrify me. Fail more. Get rejected more. Do things, knowing I’m going to suck at doing them.
- Keep running so I can eat more pizza.